For over 40 years, MEI has provided Northern Illinois and surrounding states with comprehensive civil engineering design services.
We leverage state-of-the-art technology and advanced design practices to provide cost-effective planning solutions, designing and building commercial and residential, and transportation infrastructure.
The MEI team will evaluate your property to determine the optimal development configuration. Whether it is a commercial property where green space and parking are major governing variables or residential where setbacks and density determine the financial outcome of a prospective development project, we will help you achieve your project goals.
Earthwork Design and Analysis
Our team designs grading plans to ensure that proper drainage and stormwater retention throughout the site is achieved. We will conduct an earthwork analysis to help achieve an earthwork balance. Project costs can be reduced substantially when materials are neither exported or imported to the site. Creative means for generating structural material or losing materials on-site are components of our earthwork design services.
Roadway and Parking Lot Design
MEI designs roadways and parking lots to meet project-specific traffic needs and infrastructure requirements while being cognizant of sustainable practices.
- Project Investigations, Reports, and Feasibility Studies
- Freeways, Arterial Collector, and Local Street Design
- Cost Analysis
- Water Supply, Storage, and Distribution
- Erosion Control
- Urban, Suburban, and Rural Street Design
- Intersection Geometry and Roundabout Design
- Parking Areas
- Bicycle and Multi-Use Pathway Design
- Railway Design
- Railroad Facility and Grade Crossing Engineering
- Intermodal and Transload Facility Design